JOB POSTING BACK
Part-time Tutors in Adult Education in Silicon Valley Area (20-30 hours/ week)
“Shew me thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths. Lead me in thy truth, and teach me: for thou art the God of my salvation; on thee do I wait all the day.” Psalms 25:4-5
Twelveacres Inc., is a non-profit, non-medical organization providing 24-hour care to developmentally challenged adults who are relying on Christian Science for healing.
Scope of Responsibilities: Under the supervision of the Education Program Supervisor tutor and assist residents with expanding their mastery of life-skills.
- The desire to see and help students express their latent abilities
- Experience working with adults with moderate to mild intellectual disabilities preferred
- Strong command of English
- Excellent people skills in listening, adapting, and helping to keep someone focused.
- Able to guide with compassion
- Sense of humor, joy, and patience
- AA degree (or working toward a degree) in Special Education or related field preferred
- Tutoring with adults in basic communication, language arts, and/or math skills
- One-on-one tutoring in adult residential care homes 1-2 weekdays (approximately 3.5-4 hours per week)
- Team tutoring on Saturdays with two other tutors to work with 7-8 residents (approximately 2-2.5 hours)
- Attendance of mandatory monthly 20 minute meeting after one of the Saturday sessions.
- Program will be structured by the program supervisor
Compensation: $15-30/hr based on experience
If interested, please submit your resume and a cover letter as soon as possible to:
595 Millich Drive, Suite 104
Campbell, CA 95008
(408) 341-0411 (fax)