Twelveacres Inc., is a non-profit, non-medical organization providing 24-hour care to developmentally challenged adults who are relying on Christian Science for healing.
Scope of Responsibilities: Provide care to residents with developmental challenges, nurturing and teaching independent living skills in a family setting in adherence to the regulations of the operation of an Adult Care Facility as mandated by law, in alignment with Christian Science practices and Twelveacres’ Code of Conduct and Ethical Principles.
- A minimum of six months with demonstrated success working as a caregiver. Experience working with the developmentally disabled preferred.
- Experience in working with individual care plans and documentation.
- Must have ability to communicate effectively using varying communication methods (written, verbal, non-verbal, etc.) to individuals with vastly varying degrees of intellect.
- Able to speak, read and write English fluently.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) required with a college degree in Special Education preferred.
- Christian Scientist preferred.
- Must have a valid driver’s license meeting California DMV requirements.
- Must be organized, self-starter, ability to work independently and set priorities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for assisting the House Manager in supporting the residents and the daily operations of the house including the following:
- Assist House Manager in implementing house activities
- Assist residents with self-help skills, daily living skills and adaptive living skills.
- Assist with implementing training programs.
- Meal preparation and cleanup.
- Assisting residents with personal grooming and hygiene.
- Maintaining a clean and orderly residence.
- Assisting residents with the cleanliness and neatness of their rooms and belongings.
- Ensure completion of all household chores including laundry duties.
- Take residents to a Christian Science branch church on a regular basis and stay with them during the service.
- Willing and able to work any shift, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
If interested, please submit your resume and a cover letter as soon as possible to:
595 Millich Drive, Suite 104
Campbell, CA 95008
(408) 341-0411 (fax) BACK