Brings a ministry of Christian Science nursing to all aspects of Twelveacres. Responsible for maintaining a high standard of resident care in four home settings by the training, mentoring, and supervision of all Christian Science nursing and care activities at Twelveacres. Sets an example as a Christian Science nurse who inspires others to cherish and strengthen their individual and collective nursing practices. Ensures all residents receive proper care* in accordance with the standards of Twelveacres. Communicates clearly, kindly, and effectively with residents, staff, families, and others within the Christian Science community and with the public in general.
*See Article VIII, Section 31, Christian Science Nurse. Church Manual, page 49
- Gives daily metaphysical support to Twelveacres.
- Brings continual refreshment and renewal of inspiration into the residents’ homes.
- Strives to demonstrate that Christian Science heals quickly and wholly.
- Trains CSN Trainees for individualized Christian Science nursing education.
- Organizes the curriculum and conducts in-service training for group education as required by State policies, working closely with the Program Director
- Serves as a mentor for house managers, Christian Science nursing staff, and all caregivers to improve their skills, thereby enhancing the overall quality of life for the residents.
- Works in the four homes to ensure that each resident is receiving proper care and that the care is properly recorded.
- Evaluates each resident’s needs and participates in the development of IPPs (Individual Program Plans) with the Program Director.
- Collaborates with staff in providing guidance and policy-making for resident care.
- Must be a Journal-listed Christian Science Nurse
- Must have had class instruction; be a member of The Mother Church; be an active branch church member; an active member of a Christian Science students’ association
- Must have sufficient Christian Science nursing experiences in a variety of settings, including caring for mental needs.
- Must exhibit exemplary Christian Science nursing skills and the qualities of a nurse as set forth in Science and Health by Mary Baker Eddy: “The nurse should be cheerful, orderly, punctual, patient, full of faith, — receptive to Truth and love.”
- Must have supervisory and/or mentoring experience, demonstrating good leadership and organizational skills.
- Must be able to work well with others and be a supportive and active member of the Twelveacres team.
If interested, please submit your resume and a cover letter as soon as possible to:
595 Millich Drive, Suite 104
Campbell, CA 95008
(408) 341-0411 (fax)